The Agri Business Incubation Program of ICRISAT aims to promote start-up agribusiness ventures through technological development and commercialization, in-turn benefitting the smallholder farmers.
ABI was set up to provide a conducive business environment to entrepreneurs by creating opportunities, reducing risk and maximizing their success. ABI incubates entrepreneurs through a comprehensive set of services. ABI has impacted the lives of thousands of farmers and entrepreneurs through its unique and revolutionary work in the agri domain.
Many successful startup companies which ABI has supported are a testimony to its unparalleled expertise in promoting agribusiness in the country.
Impacts to the farming & agribusiness community
• Access to markets for 64 agro-products
• Incubated over 200 agribusiness ventures so far
• Facilitated funding to 23 ventures worth $18 million
• Trained more than 2300 entrepreneurs
• Assisted in the commercialization of 194 agro-technologies
• Increased the profits of farmers by reducing the cost of cultivation of new products & value addition through new technology.